Every year around this time I start to crave colder weather, misty mornings on the deck with a blanket and a coffee, and sweaters. I crave apple pie and pumpkin spice lattes. Yes, I know, I am that girl. But what can I say, I LOVE fall. You know that feeling around New Years? That “start over”, “fresh start” feeling? I get that around September and October. I don’t know why, But it just makes me feel some type of way.
I love decorating for fall. I love not constantly being sweaty. I love Halloween movies. I love cozy sweaters and tons of blankets. I love everything about fall, including the activities that take place.
I know that I do this every year; I write a bucket list, do maybe 3 things and then forget about the whole list. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to write another bucket list this year. Here are the things I want to do this autumn.
- Buy a tonne of yummy candles
- Read at least 6 books (some short, some long)
- Decorate for fall
- Drink a pumpkin spice latte (I know, I know)
- Make soup on a chilly day
- Go to the cabins in the country. Every year on our anniversary (October 29th), we go to these cabins out in the country. There’s no wifi, there’s no service, there’s no distractions. It’s just me, my boyfriend, and a wood fired stove.
- Go for a drive to look at the trees changing colours
- Redecorate/paint my bedroom
- Watch all of the harry potter movies (I’ve already watched the first)
- Go for an autumn morning walk
- Have friendsgiving!
- Have a Halloween party
- Have autumn bonfires!
- Watch the sunset
- Go shopping for new sweaters and boots
- Go to the city market and buy fresh fall vegetables
- Get serious about studying (yes I’m always serious, but in the fall, it’s so much easier to be serious about school. Fall brings this studious atmosphere that no other season does)
- Get back into tarot reading
- Get more active now that it’s not 30 degrees every day!
So, there you have it! As you can see, there are a tonne of
things on my bucket list. In reality, there are so many more little things I
want to do this autumn, and I probably won’t get everything on here done. But
part of the fun is planning all this stuff, at least for me anyway.
What kind of things are on your fall bucket list? I’d love to know!
And as always,
Take care of yourself!